Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sweet Potato Casserole

This casserole is a staple on my Thanksgiving table.  It's more like a dessert.  Even if you don't like sweet potatoes, I promise you will like this one.  ( I hate sweet potatoes!)

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 large cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
2 eggs beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar, less if preferred
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Mix all ingredients well. Put in a greased casserole and top with the following mixture:


1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 stick butter
1 cup chopped pecans

Cut butter into remaining ingredients and sprinkle on top of sweet potato mixture in casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

1 comment: