Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Robin Hood and Under the Mountain

I watched  two movies over the weekend.  AND I treated myself to another viewing of Charlie St. Cloud with Zac Efron.  YUMMY! Just sayin...

Robin Hood, starring Russel Crowe, seemed long and drawn out to me.  This version is supposed to be what happened BEFORE he was the famous bandit. Russel's character is fighting in the Crusades with the King when the King is killed in battle.  "Robin", along with a few of his friends,  also fighting with the Crusades, decide to leave then and there, since the King is dead.  They stumble upon the real Robin Hood in the woods, whose task is to take the crown back to Notingham. There was a brief battle before Russel's Robin arrived, where  the real Robin Hood is killed.  Russel's Robin assumes Hood's identity, and he and his men take the crown back. It's the only way they can get home. Maid Marrion, who in this version was already married to Robin Hood, knows he's an imposter, but she and Robin Hood's father play it off for the good of the kingdom.    The acting was good, there were some great battle scenes, but all in all, I didn't really care for it. It took me 3 days of starting and stopping it to get through it.  I prefer the Robin Hood starring Kevin Costner.  Maybe it's all about the eye candy?  :)

Under the Mountain was a gamble and a surprise.  I had rented it for the kids, not expecting much.  It's about twins who possess special powers and they need to work together to use those powers to save the world.  The special effects were great, as was the story line.  It was fast paced, well acted and well written. My kids liked it, too. 

I give Robin Hood a 2 and a half on the Melscale, and I give Under the Mountain a 3 and a half.  You can be your own judge!

Carpe' diem!

1 comment:

  1. Its totally getting movie weather-- too bad I will be painting!! I will avoid robin hood!

    ReplyDelete