Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It
PG-13

Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel (YUMMY!) are 2 single adults who become caregivers to their shared god-daughter when the child's parents die in an accident.  Holly (Heigl) and Eric (Duhamel...did I say YUMMY yet? ) meet when they are set up on a blind date by the friends, who later become the parents of Sophie.  The date is disastrous and they actually never make it out of the driveway.  It sets the scene for years of dislike for each other, despite always being at the same parties and celebrations due to their mutal friends.  Then the inevitable happens...or maybe we saw it coming...the parents of baby Sophie are killed in a car accident and  much to Holly and Eric's surprise, they find themselves legal guardians of her. Despite their dislike for each other,  they move in together to take care of Sophie , all the while trying to live seperate lives and trying to ignore the chemistry between them.  Yes, there are some funny scenes, but for the most part, I found it to be a sad movie and a tad long with a running time of 1 hr. 52 minutes.  I have to admit, though, that Josh's dimples made it worth it!  All in all, I give it a 3.5 on the MelScale.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review - that is on my rental list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too!! Thank ya, I can vicaroulsy live through you :)

    ReplyDelete