I spent the last 2 and 1/2 days sick at home, with not much else to do but watch movies. It's the best part of being sick, besides not having to do a THING! The reviews below are very brief:
1. Insidious: (horror) I love scary movies. This was not one of those. Don't waste your time. -5 on the Melscale
2. Killers: (comedy/love) starring Ashton Kutcher as a retired spy. Yes, this one is a little old, but I LOVE the story line and he's some really nice eye candy. +8 on the Melscale
3. Rain Man: (drama) oldie but goodie! Re-visit it if you haven't seen it in awhile. I think it's pretty obvious that Tom has had some corrective dental surgery. Or sumthin.... +10 on the Melscale
4. The Stepfather: (horror/drama) this is a remake of the one starring Terry Quinn. Very good edge of your seat drama. +8 on the Melscale
5. Rango: (animated) Johnny Depp and Timothy Olyphant lend their voices to this. I was a bit disappointed in this one, as was my 12 year old son. But I guess it's hard to follow a Pirate movie. Or Justified. 1 on the Melscale
6. Season of the Witch: (historical horror?) Really couldn't tell...I got bored with this one after about 20 minutes. Thumbs down despite having the ever entertaining Nick Cage in the starring role. minus a billion on the Melscale
7. Grownups: (comedy) I am NOT an Adam Sandler fan, but this one is worth watching! +8 on the Melscale
8. Just Go With It: (comedy/love story) Again, another Adam Sandler one with Jennifer Aniston that is cute and entertaining. He keeps THIS up and I may become a fan. +7 on the Melscale.
9. Knock Around Guys...okay, I admit, I only watched this one up to the part where Vin Diesel came on. Then I turned it off. Technically, it's a bad movie with the only saving grace being Vin.
10. Paranormal Activity 2 (horror) Okay, technically, I watched this last week with my daughter. Scared the CRAP out of me! Seriously had the biggest goosebumps all over me and nightmares for a week. +10 on the Melscale, just because I can't forget it!
I am a working mother of two teens, spoiled dachshund and an effervescent Golden Retriever. AND I have a husband who is addicted to fishing. I love to cook, scrapbook, read, watch movies and hang out with my family and my friends. This blog is a place for me to store the extra stuff in my head!