Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Opening Night!

I need to have a tshirt printed that says "I survived Opening Night!"  After weeks of practice, Town and Gown opened The Odd Couple, Female Version last week.  I was a little nervous all day, but nothing too out of the ordinary.  Until I was standing backstage waiting for my cue.  The mild butterflies I had all day long had morphed into bald eagles.  By the time I stepped out and sat down at the table, my heart was racing and I didn't have a single drop of spit left in my mouth!  I was seriously scared.  There were actual PEOPLE in the audience and my mouth was so dry, my tongue was stuck to the roof of it!  I knew my lines...I just wasn't going to be able to say them.  And then.... we got our first laugh and I wasn't scared anymore!  The audience was having a good time!  They were laughing in all the right places and at times, it was all I could do not to laugh right along with them.  It was truly an incredible feeling...like I really HAD been drinking cough syrup! I can't WAIT to get back out there this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment