Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Music Festival Update

I did it.  I went to the Ponca City Music Festival and I played the piano for a judge. I walked into the church, where the festival was being held, and a nice lady said to me "Do you have a piano or vocal student?"  I looked at her and said "I'M the student."  Her eyes flew wide open and she said "WONDERFUL!"  As it turns out, I was the ONLY adult playing in the Festival.  Add that to the fact that I was also the FIRST adult to play in the Festival.  I"m so glad I didn't know this at the time.  I would have run back to my car without even seeing the piano.  When it was finally my turn to play, I walked into that room, took one look at the baby grand piano sitting there and my heart started racing.  I have ALWAYS wanted to play a baby grand piano!  I am pretty sure I was actually drooling when I sat down on the bench.  And when I touched the keys, OMG!  It sounded GORGEOUS!  All I wanted to do was sit and play around for hours. But, I don't think the other people waiting to play would have appreciated it. 

 So I played for the judge...a stranger I didn't know. Yes, I was nervous. Yes, I messed up a little.  Yes, I had to start over.  BUT!  I was NOT forbidden to ever play again, nor did they send someone to take my piano away from me.  I faced a fear and I conquered it. The Superior score I got for playing was a nice touch, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment