Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Odd Couple--Female Version

Back in December, I finally got up enough courage to try out for a part in a play, and I got one!  Rehearsals for The Odd Couple, Female Version, with the Town and Gown Theater in Stillwater, began January 3rd.  Today, we are only 5 rehearsals away from  opening night and I have butterflies the size of vultures in my stomach! Am I REALLY going to DO this? I can't believe how quickly it's gone by.

I have to admit, the biggest reason behind this adventure is that piano contest coming up on February 12th that I've mentioned before.  I had such a fear of playing for people, besides my family, that I thought maybe doing a play would help me overcome it.  I was right....I've been so busy with play practice that I'm not even WORRIED about the piano contest!  I have my music memorized and almost polished to perfection.  As for the play, I am having the best time!  It's been years since I've done this....and  I had forgotten how much fun it is to get wrapped up in another world and pretend to be someone else. :)  The play really is the thing!

Carpe' diem

No comments:

Post a Comment