Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Ch CHANGES!

Wow.  This week was FILLED with changes for my family!  I'm usually FOR changes, but not one right after another.  First, I turned 46.  How did THAT happen?  Aren't I still 20something?  Yeah, in my dreams I am.  I realize that this puts me 4 years from 50.  Hello?  Isn't that MIDDLE AGE?  Don't answer that!
The next couple of big changes involve my baby boy, who really isn't a baby...he's a Tween.  He participated in the Boy Scout Arrow of Light ceremony where he crossed over from a Cub Scout to a Boy Scout.  He joined a new troop, filled with boys I do NOT know.  He'll be going camping with these young men without his dad!  How can I stop this?  Answer: I can't.  It's part of his growing up.  Then, to add insult to injury, he graduated from 5th grade, crossing over to the Middle School.  I knew this was coming.  I was head of the planning committee for the graduation ceremonies.  But it just happened so darned FAST! What happened to my "Binky Boy"?  The one who used to watch Toy Story over and over and over again? The one that used to snuggle in my lap with his binky and his blankie so I could rock him to sleep and sing Desperado to him?  The little boy who loved me to read Where the Wild Things Are to him?  The cute little boy in the Superman pajamas?  There is a book I have called "I'll Love You Forever" and it's a story about a mom and her baby boy and the changes the boy (and mom) goes through.  But through the whole book, the main point is, no matter what stage of life the boy is in, his mom's love never changes.  It always makes me cry.  This summer will be one of many new adventures for my Binky Boy. And in spite of my fear and worry, I am excited to see him take these next steps.  Jacob, I'll Love You Forever!  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment