Pages

Welcome to my head!

This is where I store the "extra" stuff in my head.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon

Run, do not walk, to your nearest movie theater to catch a showing of How to Train Your Dragon!  The 3D effects are the best I've seen YET!  It was funny, exciting, touching, scarey, heartbreaking and beautiful!  The detail on the characters was amazing!  You could even see the tiny hairs on the Vikings arms!  I don't know how many exclamation points I can use in one paragraph, but I'm really excited about this movie!   The movie opened with a terrific battle between the Vikings and the dragons, with a little narration from the "hero" Hiccup.  He's different and trying to find his place in the tribe while clashing with his father about who he WANTS to be vs who his father THINKS he should be.   And as it so often happens, dad doesn't listen.  Sometimes our kids don't fit into the molds we have in mind for them.  But Hiccup finds a way with the help of his dragon friend, Toothless, and the pair eventually each find their place.  I plan to buy this one as soon as it's available on DVD.  I guarantee you will enjoy this movie as much as me and my kids did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment